Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Behavioral Resource Specialist (Genesee Co.)

We are partnering with Genesee Health System to offer patients personalized assistance with navigating local resources for behavioral health services.

Please note that this service is available only in Genesee County.

What does a Behavioral Resource Specialist provide for patients?

  • A brief questionnaire to identify resource needs
  • Recommendations for behavioral health resources based on needs and insurance
  • Personalized guidance on how to best navigate what can be a complicated process
  • Follow-up phone call to ensure the recommended resources worked out and to address any barriers to receiving services 

Who can receive services?

  • Children, adolescents and young adults from birth to age 26
  • People who are pregnant or postpartum (up to one year) of any age


  • Navigating behavioral health resources can be complicated for families
  • MC3 Behavioral Resource Specialists can help assist families directly to ensure they get connected to the help they need to address areas  of concern

How much does it cost?

  • There is no cost for this service
  • MC3 is funded by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and Flint Water Crisis funds

How do I refer?

  • Prescribing health care providers in Genesee County can refer patients by faxing or emailing a referral form and the Consent to Exchange Behavioral Health Information form
  • Share a copy of the patient handout describing the service with the family and let them know they can expect a call with the MC3 Behavioral Resource Specialist within the next few days 


Please contact the Genesee Behavioral Resource Specialist at (810) 241-6491 or (810) 257-3777.